5 Coffee Shops With the Best Coffee in NYC
La Colombe Coffee Roasters
Irving Farm Coffee Roasters
I got my first taste of Irving Farm at their Upper West Side location back in 2014/15 and was happy to find a location on the Upper East Side. While pricey, their location on E 81st and 3rd ave is large and great for getting work done or grabbing a coffee on your way to Central Park (I’m loving the History Fangirl’s travel podcast episode on the history of Central Park).
If you find yourself in the Upper East Side, in need of coffee and a chat with like an actual person, stop by the Birch on E 88th. What I love about it is that they don’t have wifi – so you can get off your devices – and actually promote starting up conversations on their communal bench.
They even have little ‘conversation-starter’ cards to help if you don’t know what to say to the person sitting next to you!
- Samples, samples, samples…what better way to start your day than with sampling some of the best coffee New York City has to offer
- Discover some of the best coffee in New York
- Find your new favorite NYC neighborhood coffee shop
- In addition to exhibitors, you’ll also get to watch the Coffee Masters NYC barista championship (seriously, it’s an art form in itself)
- Education workshops related to your favorite beverage, coffee. If you’ve ever wondered about the history of coffee, or how to set up your own coffee shop, this is the place to be
- Coffee-related music and art projects
Navigating the popular and ever-changing New York coffee scene can be intimidating for visitors to the city, so hopefully my little list and checking out the annual New York Coffee Festival will help you get started.
RECOMMENDED NEW YORK CITY CULINARY & CULTURAL TOURS
What are some of your favorite neighborhood spots – let me know in the comments below. I spend so much time in the city, I’m always looking for new places to discover or work from!